Edward Schroder for Cass County Sheriff
Education Training and Experience
- 30 years as state police officer, 14 years as a Captain and Major
- Graduate of DePauw University
- Graduate of the F.B.I. National Academy at Quantico (less than 1% of law enforcement professionals achieve this training)
- Graduate of Northwestern University Traffic Institute School of Police Staff and Command
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security Type III Incident Commander
- Three-time chairman of the Indiana High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Executive Board overseeing 3.5-million-dollar federal grant
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
- Indiana qualified Firefighter I, Firefighter II and Fire Investigator
- Numerous in-service and incident management courses
- ISP SCUBA school graduate
- Volunteer fire chief and assistant chief for past 16 years
- 2003 Cass County Firefighter of the Year
- Cass County 911 Governing Board Member
- Cass County Local Emergency Planning (LEPC) member
- Cass County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) advisory board member
- 4-H Shooting Sports Leader and pistol instructor
- Volunteer at Royal Center-Boone Township Library
- Volunteer at Pioneer Elementary and Pioneer High School
- Volunteer at Cass County Central Republican Party
- Past President of Cass County Fire Fighters Association
- Member of Indiana Volunteer Firefighters association
- Member of Logansport FOP Lodge #71
- Member of Indiana Sheriff’s Association
- Member of the Indiana State Police Alliance
- Member of Baptist Christian Church
Ed Schroder…… proven leadership, committed to the community.
Cass County is Ed Schroder’s home. This is where he and his wife, Kim, have chosen to raise their three boys and contribute to a strong, vibrant, and safe community. Ed's decision to run for Cass County Sheriff is driven by the desire to utilize his skills and experiences to make Cass County safer while making the department a positive example for other agencies to copy — characteristics in a Sheriff that our residents deserve.
Ed has a reputation as a professional, devoted, and proven leader. In law enforcement throughout his adult life, Ed has served the Indiana State Police Department for the last 30 years—14 years as a Captain or Major. Ed has demonstrated strong and consistent commitment to open, accountable, and transparent leadership. He's a proud graduate of the F.B.I. National Academy at Quantico, Virginia, Northwestern University's School of Police Staff and Command, and DePauw University. His extensive experience and relationships with Local, State, and National law enforcement agencies make Ed Schroder the best choice for Cass County Sheriff.
Ed's training, accomplishments and leadership record are important. This is a challenging time for law enforcement and for our own Sheriff's Department. Ed will lead a well-trained and well-equipped law enforcement team—skilled, experienced, and tough on crime.
Cass County Sheriff's Office needs a professional, devoted, and proven leader...
...that leader is Ed Schroder